Okay. It seems as if we're not really good at sticking to resolutions. Like the rest of America (it's been stated that only 45% of Americans actually make New Years resolutions and of those 45%, only 8% actually fulfill their resolution(s) to their satisfaction). As promised, we did, in fact, print out a copy of our resolutions and carry them around with us, but that didn't seem to help us stay on track. We're not sure what happened. The year just...got away from us. Or something. We made "some" progress on the 2013 resolutions and "some" progress on the 2014. Let's relieve the ones we didn't accomplish broken down by year, shall we?
1. Cover a World Series game in person even if the Mets or Yankees aren't in the playoffs. Somehow, we'll figure it out.
2. Covering the remaining playoff games from the bar. Literally. As in
we'll bring the internet machine to a bar, hack the bar's WiFi (side
note: the password is quite often the bar's phone number), and cover the
games. In addition to the blog post, we'll also post commentary to
Twatter. (@TravelingBBabes). Follow us. Do it. In our defense, we lost our bar, so we need a new one.
3. Get TOWSNBN to take a picture with Lisa. This is hardly considered a shocker. Let's be real. This may never happen.
5. Visit and blog about our visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The fact that we haven't accomplished this yet is borderline pathetic. It's opened during the off season, within driving easy, and just an overall simple task to accomplish. We have no idea why we can't get our sh*t together and just do it.
6. Spy a professional player in plain clothes. We stress professional.
You and your beer bully running around a baseball field in dirty
sweatpants that you haven't washed in months doesn't count as a baseball
7. It may not be fiscally possible for us to attend more Yankees and
Mets games, but we will do everything in our power to cover baseball
more actively, whether that means talking to bar patrons/baseball fans
during games or stalking tailgate parties. Yeah. This is literally the worst baseball blog ever.
8. Establish a weblog. - Honestly, we still don't know what a weblog is. How can we expect ourselves to establish something we don't even understand?
9. Get on the jumbotron together at any stadium.
10. Be recognized at a game for being the world renown Traveling Baseball Babes.
11. TBB World Domination. So far, we haven't even dominated Facebook, so....
1. Lisa finally watches all of the Star Wars movies. Even the bad ones
staring Natalie Portman (the acting equivalent to a cardboard box). Again, this is a relatively task to accomplish, yet we've failed to do so.
2. Get one professional baseball player to follow us (whether it be on the blog, Facebook, Twatter, Instagram, or Google+).
3. Post a Q&A. Something about us that you're curious to know? We'll
give you a period of time where you can email/message/post/etc.
anything you want to know about Lisa, Serena, or both of us and we will
dedicate an entire blog post to your questions. Please no requests for
photos of us naked or in our knickers. Don't be creepy. Maybe we'll do this next week so we can start feeling a little better about ourselves being such resolution rejects.
4. Serena will get a good night's sleep. And by a good night's sleep, we
mean the recommended 7-8 hours as opposed to her usual 2-4 hours.Yeah, no. This might also have to fall under the list called, "Never Gonna Happen."
Things we actually accomplished in 2013!
1. Attend Star Wars Night.
2. Score 200 followers on Facebook. We're currently at 185. - FINALLY! At press time, we currently stand at 203 followers. What the hell took us so long? Are we not lovable or something?
3. Serena will finally get a job with the Yankees even if that means
she's responsible for cleaning all of Derek Jeter's 4 million pairs of
shoes that reside in his locker. Well...now Jeter's no longer with us. BUT Serena did get a new job at a fancy gym and an Islanders' girlfriend trains there. That sort of counts. Halfsies.
Three. We only checked off an additional 3 items from the 2013 list. That's deplorable.
1. Get rid of Kitty aka: the one called "Max." Unfortunately, we've replaced Max with another kitty, but at least we like this kitty.
2. Attend Opening Day together.
3. Win the "Shiva Bowl" in our fantasy leagues. Bonus points for the other TBB making it into the playoffs as well. Boom. Serena took Tigers Love Pepper into the Shiva Bowl after a not-so-good start to the season and beat the panties out of her opponents. Suck it, bitches!
4. Serena will have a penetration partner and Lisa will have a baby
daddy. Not the same man (which shouldn't be too difficult seeing as how
we're attracted to totally different men). We're gonna go "halfsies" on this one. Lisa may not have a baby daddy and Serena may not have a penetration partner, BUT Lisa does have prospects and Serena has been penetrated this year, soooooo....progress.
Since we haven't accomplished much in two years' worth of resolutions, we're not adding any new ones to the pile. We'll just keep chipping away at the current list of neglected resolutions.