Sunday, December 15, 2013

Random Sunday Story

Good Evening all! I apologize for the late blog post and I also apologize for it being a solo post this evening. However there is an excellent reason to why Lisa is writing by herself tonight.  Our little Serena that we all know and love is graduating tonight from YTT (Yoga teacher training). It has been three long months for her but tonight all her hard work and sleepless nights have paid off and she will be a certified yoga instructor. Can I get a HOORAH a HIP HIP HOORAY! I know she will be an awesome Jedi yoga instructor because she got me to into Crow pose and that my friend is not an easy task. Google it and you will see for yourself what it looks like. Congratulations to Serena and her fellow YTT colleagues.

Now onto somewhat baseball related stuff and I use stuff vaguely. I am going to use this  post to tell you a funny story about Papa L and his trip to Macy’s during the holiday season. I swear this story has a baseball theme to it so just be patient with it. My poor father got dragged to Macy’s on Saturday during the best time of the year and I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible. He is stuck waiting for my mother who is shopping and trying on clothes at a glacier rate. While he is waiting he strikes up a conversation with another lucky man who is waiting for his wife. Papa L tells the man how much he hates shopping with his wife and that this should be a form of torture that they use to get spies to talk. If anyone knows my father he will talk to a Johnny pump if it would listen. My father then sighs and proceeds to start a rant to a complete stranger “I hate the winter. I can’t wait for baseball to start. I’m a Met fan. They make horrible business moves. What’s with this pitcher they signed? He is SO old AND overweight. For god sake I should just try out.” I truly feel for this man that is listening to my father and I give this man a shit tone of credit for not getting up and walking away. I mean I have no choice but to listen to him he’s my father but you sir could of just smiled and walked away. Kudos to you.  That was your good deed for the year put it in the karma books. Back to this baseball related story. The man turns to my father and tells him “My son is in the Mets farm system he is a catcher.” Probably one of the worst things this man could have said because I am sure my father went on and on and on. Needless to say when it was time for the two of them to part ways the wife of the man pulled out a Topps baseball card wrapped in plastic of their son and gave it to my dad. Papa L could not wait to tell me his story that I share with you and the entire world. Let it be known if Mr. Camden Maron becomes a Mets sensation or a golden boy for another team in the MLB you heard it first on this blog that Papa L met this boy’s parents at Macy’s. Furthermore if Camden happens to come across this blog post I encourage him to send tickets my way. I mean after all our father’s are now besties. Only Papa L this would happen too. Now only if he had bumped into TWOSNBN parents. *Sigh*

Hope you enjoyed the little tale I tell. Don’t forget to check back next week when we do our annual rendition of a holiday song. Maybe if you guys are good we will sing it in our Celine Dion like voices and post a video of it. I can’t make promises so don’t hold me to it. 
-Lisa 

4 comments:

  1. I went to CitiField on Sunday for the first time to stop at the Mets team store. I wanted to get a Mr Met coffee mug I saw on my FB feed..didn't have one.

    Good going Serena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks at least my Dad got a free baseball card in the end of my story. :p

      Delete
  2. I did get a photo with the old Apple in the parking lot...of course my Mom chopped off the entire Apple part somehow using my phone. Thanks Mom!


    On the plus side, I did get some tasty stuff from over at Jacques Torres Chocolate Shop DUMBO's location. woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you can't catch a break no mug and a appleless photo. At least the chocolate will help with the failure. Lol

      Delete