Okay. Maybe we should reconsider actually having resolutions because we suck at this. We did manage to check off an additional three resolutions from last year's (and 2014's, 2013's, etc.) list. We'll start by posting the resolutions that we continue to fail at checking off our list and then finish by telling you which ones we managed to check off. Perhaps we'll add new ones, but truth be told, we're so terrible at this that we're not really sure there's a point extending a list of things we'll never accomplish. It just seems like a recipe for low self esteem.
1. Cover a World Series game in person even if the Mets or Yankees aren't in the playoffs. Somehow, we'll figure it out.
2. Covering the remaining playoff games from the bar. Literally. As in
we'll bring the internet machine to a bar, hack the bar's WiFi (side
note: the password is quite often the bar's phone number), and cover the
games. In addition to the blog post, we'll also post commentary to
Twatter. (@TravelingBBabes). Follow us. Do it.
#1's & 2 are probably the biggest f*ck ups of 2015. One of our teams actually made it to the playoffs AND the World Series and we still didn't blog about it. Mostly because Lisa was really stressed out during the entire ordeal, but also because our Sunday morning conversations went something like this:
"Hey, are we blogging today?"
"Hmmm...let's go eat Chipotle and be fat. Maybe watch a Disney movie."
3. Get TOWSNBN to take a picture with Lisa. This may never happen.
4. Spy a professional player in plain clothes. We stress professional.
You and your beer bully running around a baseball field in dirty
sweatpants that you haven't washed in months doesn't count as a baseball
5. It may not be fiscally possible for us to attend more Yankees and
Mets games, but we will do everything in our power to cover baseball
more actively, whether that means talking to bar patrons/baseball fans
during games or stalking tailgate parties. Yeah. We haven't gone to the bar or met any new people in awhile...
6. Establish a weblog. - Honestly, we still don't know what a weblog is. This should be removed entirely from the list. In fact...for 2016, this resolution is history.
7. Get on the jumbotron together at any stadium. It's probably because we're fat.
8. TBB World Domination. We're like Pinky & The Brain...
1. Lisa finally watches all of the Star Wars movies. Even the bad ones
staring Natalie Portman (the acting equivalent to a cardboard box). Okay, enough. There's a brand new movie out and this still hasn't been done. This is a no brainer. This literally involves us laying in bed and eating cookies all day so why this hasn't been done is one of life's greatest mysteries. Don't worry though. We're on it. We've scheduled this all day movie marathon for a Saturday in February.
2. Get one professional baseball player to follow us (whether it be on the blog, Facebook, Twatter, Instagram, or Google+). Why don't they like us? You'd think that by this time, Tim Lincecum would at least follow us.
4. Serena will get a good night's sleep. And by a good night's sleep, we
mean the recommended 7-8 hours as opposed to her usual 2-4 hours.Yeah, no. This might also have to fall under the list called, "Never Gonna Happen."
There's no list from 2015 because we were so god awful at completing tasks that we didn't add new tasks to the list. So, technically, 2015 was our year to shine. We only had to deal with the previous years' lists.
Things we actually accomplished in 2015:
1. Visit and blog about our visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
2. Be recognized at a game for being the world renown Traveling Baseball Babes. One of Serena's former co-workers recognized Lisa at Au Bon Pain from the blog...and also Serena's Facebook page. But it totally counts.
3. Post a Q&A. Something about us that you're curious to know? We'll
give you a period of time where you can email/message/post/etc.
anything you want to know about Lisa, Serena, or both of us and we will
dedicate an entire blog post to your questions. Please no requests for
photos of us naked or in our knickers. Don't be creepy. Boom, mother f*ckers.
Newly added resolutions that we feel strongly can be done in 2016:
1. Run a 5K
2. Return to Philadelphia to make up for the game that was rained out last season.
3. Do a partner yoga inversion trick. Will aim to post this on Instagram/Twatter if we don't manage to accidentally murder each other in the process.
4. Do 1 pullup each
5. Visit a stadium other than Citi Field and Yankee Stadium
6. Have a drink with Old Man Ed
7. Get our photo taken with #51 in Monument Park
8. Eat at the fancy dining establishments at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium - The Acela Club & NYY Steak
9. Go to a Staten Island Yankees game
10. Long Island Ducks game